Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Pink Goodness

Valentine's Day was wonderful for me this year. In fact it is the best Valentine's Day in recent memory. HM left beautiful red goodie bags for me and Crazy Sis! He also left a gift for my daddy! What a sweetheart, right? Anyhow, when I woke up and came down the hall, my dad told me to look on the table in the kitchen. There were a dozen beautiful red roses that HM had delivered! GORGEOUS! Then I gave Dad his gift and card. It was one of those stuffed animals that sings. In this case a cute turtle that sings "I'm just a love machine and I won't work for nobody but you." (Great now I have that damn thing stuck in my head again!)

I took my goodie back into the living room and opened it with my dad looking on. It was wonderful and full of really thoughtful stuff. Christmas in February! One of the things he got that I thought was fantastic was an "Official Penalty Flag". You know, one of those yellow flags the officals throw down during a football game when someone is doing something stupid. See on Superbowl Sunday we made the comment during the game that it sure would be nice to have those for everyday use. Somebody doing something you find offensive? Throw down the penalty flag!

He also got me a lovely Tiara, that I had on my head when he picked me up for dinner! :) We got our picture taken with me wearing it....classy broad, I tell ya! He also got my CS the same kind of stocking stuffer stuff and a lovely tiara all her own.

We went to dinner at Poogan's Porch ( www.poogansporch.com ). It was incredibly delicious! Poogan's is one of my all time favorite restaurants in Charleston. I had stuffed chicken and he had crisp salmon. I really like the atmosphere. We had time for a drink at the tiny bar before we were seated. HM is such a romantic guy. I so enjoy just being with him.

We talked at dinner about our future and where we see this going. We are on the same page and that is very comforting to say the least. I haven't ever been here before. I am so excited about what the future holds for us together.

We left Poogan's and went back to his house and listened to a CD he made me not too long after we started seeing each other. It is much more meaningful now. It will take some doing to make it happen, given my responsibilities where my dad is concerned. But I gotta say, I love that man! :)

No comments: