Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Living Out Loud

Whew, it has been a couple of months since my last post. I have been busier than a one armed paper hanger!

September 16, my sweet handsome man and I were married at the home of my dear friends Myron and Charles. They live in a lovely house in Wagner Terrace on the river. We were able to be married by the marsh. It was incredible.

In the weeks preceding the ceremony, I had my wedding photos taken by my buddy Vin Duffy (he does an incredible job if anyone is looking for a photographer!!!). On the way to his house I was so overcome with how much I missed having my mother with me during this time. She passed away from lung cancer January 2000. She would have been so much fun! I cried my eyes out, I mean really bawled so hard I couldn't catch my breath. I called my friend in Newport, Deb, and she calmed me down. Actually, just hearing her voice calmed me right down. Funny how we do that for each other, eh? Anyhow, the pictures turned out great, mostly due to the photographer not the model! :)

My friends are so supportive of me. I have never felt so loved and supported as I did during this time in my life. I guess I never thought I would feel that after the death of my parents. I don't really have the words for how safe and cared for they made me feel.

The day was perfect. The time since then has been full of change and hectic activity, but the more I learn about my new husband, the more I love him.

A year ago, we were celebrating our Fakeaversarry on Halloween at the Terrace and we dressed as Mr. Clean and a French Maid. We stayed at the Francis Marion and had a VIP table at the party. I had toooo much champagne, but it was so much fun. This year we celebrated by going to the Fair. With so much happening right now, we decided to be more lowkey this year. Had a great time people watching. We both enjoy that a lot. And we have fun just being together.

We leave November 10 for Oahu, Hawaii! We are staying at the same place I stayed last year, The Outrigger Waikiki On The Beach. CAN NOT WAIT!
We will be gone 9 days for our honeymoon. Woo Hoo!

I think my parents are proud and happy that I am so happy.
I think Mike's parents are proud and happy that he is so happy.
I KNOW HE AND I ARE BLESSED.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep missing that you are writing again. Congratulations on your wedding!