Thursday, January 26, 2006

Here We Are

Dad got out of the hospital on Monday. I was still not feeling well, but figured he would go home early in the day. I rushed to get downtown and then we waited on the doctor. We ended up leaving the hospital around 5:30pm! UGH It was a very, very long day.

Dad is so frail. He has gone down hill so much, even in the past few months. One thing I really noticed this time is how bent he is. He looks like at any moment he will fall over to the right.

When he went in to bed, I went to check on him. He was sitting on the rail of his bed. He was totally out of it! I had to literally pick him up and put him in the bed. He almost fell out of the bed several times, reaching for things that were not there. I came really close to putting up the rail of his hospital bed, but I was afraid he might need to get out of the bed in an emergency and he wouldn't be able to. Bless his heart, I just wish he would fall asleep and die peacefully. Don't get me wrong I don't want him to die, I just want him to find peace.

I am finally feeling better myself today for the first time in more than a week. I still have a little annoying hacky cough, but nothing like I had. Thankful to feel more like myself.

Biology tomorrow should be interesting, I have no idea where we are in that class. UGH Hopefully, I will get caught back up with little bloodshed! :)

MB is wonderful. He was such a sweetie this weekend when Dad and I were both sick. He spent time at the hospital with daddy and made sure I had food to eat for dinner! :) His sister was in the hospital 3 doors down from my dad! How weird is that?

Gotta get some sleep. School tomorrow.

No comments: