Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Compare? No need. We have a winner.

Ran into an ex last night at the bar HM was shooting pool in. It was great to see The Chef again! The reaction or lack there of was comforting to me. I was genuinely glad to see him and introduce him to HM. Sounds loopy, I know. Unfortunately they didn't get to meet, Chef "had to go check on his kids...his wife is out of town". He was probably at the bar looking to score (a woman, drugs, whatever) and was chastened by seeing me. :)

There have been very few times in my life when I have been with a man I cared about so much that I didn't look for more. It's nice to be in a place of contentment. I really miss HM when we aren't together. I love the way he holds me. He is so attentive when we together. What more could I want? Thank goodness Brain was smart enough to help me see I had to let go of idea of one man to give the reality of this wonderful man a fighting chance. It was worth the risk.

I look forward to the future with HM. He makes me laugh. I feel safe with him. Everything we do is an adventure. I can see us growing old together. I've never been here before and I really like it! This relationship has made me reevaluate my thoughts on marriage, I hear me saying
I DO!

No comments: