Thursday, June 21, 2007

Grief Envelopes The City

The weather on Wednesday has really been appropriate for the way most of the City is feeling. The tragic loss of life in the fire at the Sofa Super Store is difficult. Sad, dreary, rainy, cloudy day. Listening to the news reports and the firefighters tell what happened, you hear so much survivors guilt in their voices. My heart aches for them.

It brings to mind that Joe Dee Messina song that was embraced by so many firefighters after the 9/11 tragedies. The name of it is "Bring On The Rain" by Billy Montana and Helen Darling, the part I am thinking of says,
"Tomorrow's another day and I'm Thirsty anyway so Bring On The Rain".

I gotta get to bed. Tomorrow's another day and I for one am looking forward to the light. Bring on some sunshine, it will do us all some good.

No comments: